Monday, September 13, 2010

Suda Shankriya

At lunch today, Mr. Francis approached me and asked if I have been practicing my breathing. Last week, he did a workshop with the students on Sudashankriya, a form of deep and intentional breathing exercises intended to expand your lung capabilities, decrease stress, etc. Mr. Francis even claims that, since beginning to practice Sudashankriya, his body is able to regulate its blood sugar levels (he was diagnosed as a diabetic about 13 years ago).

Anyway, back to lunch. Remember a few weeks ago when I was on day 2 of being disciplined? Well….today that discipline failed me. I did indeed have all intention of waking up at 5:45am, doing some breathing and then heading to yoga, but unfortunately when my alarm went off I reset it….and then snoozed…got up to skype, and then crawled back into bed…oops.

I blame it on the kids, they tire me out.

However, I told Mr. Francis to ask me again because I really do want to continue this practice. He promised me that I would see a difference and, although I’m not exactly sure what kind of difference I’m looking for, I’m eager to find out J I would be a lot more keen on getting up to breathe, however, if Mr. Francis continued to be our teacher. He is such a treat. The last day of class, he gave us each a chunk of apple to “munch” and instructed us to keep munching while he gave us a mini-lecture on the benefits of Sudashankriya…we were not allowed to swallow. Those who swallowed were force-fed more apples. I wish I could bring him home with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment