Saturday, September 25, 2010

Best. Steak. Ever.

Is it ironic that I just ate the best steak of my life in a country where cows are considered holy?

But seriously. It was so good that I cried. And when the waiter tried to remove my plate before I was finished, I think I scared him away. Not to mention my heart rate increased noticeably as I thought I may have to fight for my meal.

I rarely order steak, but (a) most of the non-indian dishes were pasta, which I can’t eat, and (b) the steak dinner included cheesy mashed potatoes, which sounded delicious. I even made that disclaimer before I started to eat – “I got this meal for the cheesy mashed” - because I honestly wasn’t anticipating that the steak would be any good. I took a bite of the steak first in order to save the taste of the potatoes til the end…but with one bite of steak I was gone. In heaven. So then I took a nibble of the potatoes…to see if they were really good enough to save til the end…and I was sorely disappointed. So I tenderly pushed my steak aside and ate my veggies…and then slowly and savoringly enjoyed my meat. The best meal that I have ever had was on the Eiffel tower, but this was definitely the best steak. I have never experienced anything like it before, and I don’t remember the last time I was so in love with what I was eating. I even shared a bite with everyone I was sitting with – and that’s was about 11 people. They, too, were in awe of how delicious it was. And I wasn’t kidding when I said that I cried. There were definitely tears.

No comments:

Post a Comment