Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Starry Starry Night

Last night I saw a few stars for the first time since arriving in India. I smiled and was filled with a feeling of complete peace while at the same time the pang of wanting to be home. The stars are the same, both here and at home, and I was flooded with love as God reminded me that He, too, is the same both here and at home. I have always said that the stars are God’s way of showing me He loves me, and although I’d forgotten and taken them for granted, last night through just a few stars He showed me that He hadn’t. Then tonight when I came outside, the entire night sky was bright with stars and the moon was beaming through the heavens. It was so beautiful, and I was almost brought to tears as I could hear my mom saying, “Wherever you are, you just need to look up at the moon and know that I am looking at the same one.” (Hehe I hope you are crying right now) I learned the words in Kannada: nakshatra is star and chandra is moon…two words that just may become my favorites. So whenever you look up at a starry starry night, send a little love my way J

No comments:

Post a Comment