Friday, July 9, 2010

All I Want is Rice

Today is a day that will go down in history.
Today is the day
that I started craving rice.
Praise the Lord,
I thought it would never come.
Here in India,
we eat lunch at 1
and then no dinner until 8.
So 5:00 came around...
and man I was hungry.
So I had a granola bar
[note: if you are going to send me a package, please include some LARABARS]
and then some chocolate
[ok, maybe a lot of chocolate...I was reading a book for PLEASURE for the first time in, well, a long time...I couldn't help but eat chocolate :)]
and although I wasn't hungry anymore
I still wasn't satisfied
and I spent a long time
asking my body what it wanted,
what it needed...
and what did it tell me?
Rice!!!!
Rice with veggie sauce.
mmmmmm yummmy.
I am sure a blog will come
in a month or two
when I am so tired of rice I can't even eat,
but for today
I am going to relish in the fact that
it is all I want.
and....something just peed through my roof. Only in India :)

No comments:

Post a Comment