Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Just Another Awesome Day

I can’t even count the number of times today that I thought, “What the heck life am I living right now?” Seriously. How awesome. First, riding in an open jeep through the Indian jungle [national geographic…]. Then we met with K. Naryanan, coauthor of a book called a search for justice and got clarity on a lot of questions we had as well as an important view of education. When we left his house, there was a man riding an elephant across the road. Yup, an elephant. We made a pit stop on the way to our next destination and felt like Indiana Jones exploring a 500 year old Jain temple, and then came to the home of A.C. Varkey, who is the state chairman of the Farmer’s Relief Forum. He has been arrested 86 times and lived a life that made an incredible difference in many others’ lives…as we sat there, I couldn’t help but pray that I live a life that is so impactful that people will someday want to interview me. We slipped down a mud hill to a tribal colony and spent time with some women who invited us for tea, serving the best coffee EVER. They introduced us to a woman who was over a century old. She was SO beautiful and I was sad when they told us that she lacked the mental capacity to ask us questions or to give us advice, but when I said goodbye to her, she took my hands in both of hers and spoke so earnestly to me that I am positive she was giving me some kind of blessing. So. That is a snapshot of just another awesome day in my incredible life. Not to mention that Saji, our driver, is just a treat and we are so glad to have him on our journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment