Thursday, July 8, 2010

Dinner with the Ambassador

Last night, one of my coworkers invited me and the other interns over for dinner.
Her husband used to be the Indian ambassador to several different countries,
and he made us a delicious delicious meal
complete with chicken and beef :)
In true diplomatic form
the Indian wine never stopped flowing
and we laughed SO MUCH.
One of the interns and I
found out that we oddly have a LOT of really random things in common...
[I am not even going to list them because it is so random it is almost embarrassing...for example: we have the same names on our lists of names we would like to name our children. See? embarrassing. yes, I have a list. But she does too :)]
In fact...we had so much fun that we didn't get back home until 2AM!!!!
and then worked this morning at 9.
eeesh.
But it was SO worth it.
Indian hospitality really is everything that it they say it is
and more,
and it was SO much fun to be able to spend time with the people I work with
in a casual environment
where we weren't ALWAYS engaged
in "save the world" conversations.
As fun as those are,
they get kind of heavy...
and now I can say that I have had dinner with the ambassador :)

No comments:

Post a Comment