Sunday, July 25, 2010

Church

This morning I made it to church for the first time! While there are many many churches in Bangalore city, Visthar is just far enough away that to go into the city would be quite the hassle. As it is, our closest church is quite a walk and a busride away. It was so wonderful to be at church and with the body of believers again! I always love experiencing the House of the Lord in different cultures; I don’t know what I was expecting, but the service was relatively reserved compared to other international churches that I have attended and, as usual, the worship songs sung were classic 90’s contemporary Christian tunes: Lord I lift your name on high, Blessed be the name of the Lord, Open the eyes of my heart. The pastor gave a sermon on the role of a pastor, highlighting that leadership is consistent discipleship. Chew on that for awhile. Because they had an annual meeting directly after the service, I wasn’t able to stay for tea and meet people, but I look forward to doing so on future Sundays!

No comments:

Post a Comment