Monday, July 5, 2010

Roughing It.

Today, I have realized the harsh[ish] realities of this place where I live:

  • · The two other interns have lice [my scalp itches just thinking about it].
  • · I sure hope I don’t get it, because washing this head of hair with a bucket is quite the chore…although I am becoming quite the pro AND it truly conserves SO much water! You should try it…
  • · My feet, ankles, and lower shins look like I have the chicken pox because they are covered in so many mosquito bites.
  • · When I walk around campus after dark [don’t worry Mom, it’s safe] I have to high-step like a Clydesdale horse to avoid stepping on cobras
  • · While clopping home I do so with a slight hunch because to me it seems like that will keep the swooping bats from hitting me in the face or landing on my head [ewwwwwww].
  • · Oh, and I’ve decided to keep my mosquito net in place all hours of the day to avoid becoming paranoid of little lizards making their way into my bed.
  • · BUT after talking with the other interns, I realized that I have it pretty good so far because I don’t have a rat who lives on my roof and poops through the ceiling. Knock on wood J

When I wrote that part about the cobras, the reality of my life right now hit me and I asked myself, “who AM i?!?!?” How awesome is it that I LIVE here and even get to write about that kind of stuff?!? I really am turning into nature girl…next time you see me it just may be on Jen vs. Wild J

No comments:

Post a Comment