Thursday, July 15, 2010

I'd Like to Dedicate This Song...

If I were calling Delilah tonight, there would be two songs that I would like to dedicate:

The first is to my brother Ben, and it goes something like this…you may know it, feel free to sing along J

Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you.

Happy birthday from India

Happy birthday to you.

The second is to some INCREDIBLE young women from Gordon college. We said goodbye to you last night, and although you have left India you have not left my heart. If there is one more thing that I can say to you, one more thing I can leave you with, one more piece of encouragement, it is the message of this song as you continue to envision God's kingdom on earth and work towards social justice:

Open up the doors and let the music play

let these streets resound with singing

Songs that bring your hope

Songs that bring your joy

Dancers who dance upon injustice

Do you feel the darkness tremble

When all the saints join in one song

And all the streams flow as one river

To wash away our brokenness?

Here we see that God you're moving

a time of Jubilee is coming

when young and old return to Jesus

Fling wide you heavenly gates

prepare the way of the Risen Lord

No comments:

Post a Comment