Sunday, August 1, 2010

Postcards

I have decided that I am a very awkward postcard writer. I bought some yesterday, figuring that I’ve been here a month and should probably send out some Indian love. But honestly…as I've been writing, it's been kind of a struggle. What are you supposed to write on a postcard? They give you so little space to really write about your trip; at the same time there really is a lot of space…but they can’t honestly expect me to write an in-depth intimate note that’s out there for the world to read. Postcards are an odd concept indeed.

I have therefore resorted to commenting on the picture on the postcard: “Doesn’t this fruit look delicious?” “Wow, it’s a totally different world over here!” “Do you think we could fit this many people on a motorcycle?” Yup, awkward. But at least you know I was thinking of you…and if you don’t get a postcard, don’t worry – I am thinking of you too and had been planning on sending out several rounds of postcards, but as of today have lost all motivation to come up with creatively awkward postcard comments J

No comments:

Post a Comment