Saturday, August 28, 2010

Tomorrow My Life Will Change

Well, this is it. Tomorrow, the students are coming. And I think that it is going to be a hard adjustment to make. I have gotten so used to my schedule, to my space, and my time, and tomorrow that is all going to be shaken up. I am not going to be able to eat my meals with the girls, and the time that I do get to spend with them is going to dramatically decrease. Even though I came here for the semester program with American students, for some reason I wasn’t anticipating getting so connected with the girls and I (a) don’t want to lose my time with them and (b) don’t want to share them. Yes, look at me, I’m so selfish. Oh, and I’m also getting a roommate…so I have to share my little brick hut, too. I was talking to a visiting former intern about this yesterday over dove chocolates, and right after I mentioned the roommate part I looked down at the promise in the wrapper: appreciate the people around you and share. We got a great laugh out of that omen ;) Regardless of my fears about change, though, I am really excited for the kids to come. Nervous, because what if they’re bad? What if they’re mean? What if they don’t like us? But so excited because it is 16 new relationships, 16 growing minds and souls, and I finally get to strut my stuff and do my thing, and I am so so so excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment