Friday, August 6, 2010

Dance Dance Revolution

Every time I go over to visit the girls, somebody is dancing.
They have memorized the dances from lots of films
and they turn on the music
and dance away.
And they are GOOD.
The best girl, Raji, denies that she has any talent at all,
and would rather that I teach HER a dance.
Ha.
After much cajoling,
and the promise that if I teach her, she will teach me,
I agreed.
So now, I am undecided:
Do I teach her the macarena,
the electric slide,
or the cupid shuffle?
They're all just such complex dances,
full of art,
that require so much skill, capture the attention of the onlooker,
and represent our culture so well...
I don't know how I will ever decide :)
But I do know one thing, and that is that after this,
it is likely that the girls will most likely leave Indian dancing forever
and be continuously enraptured by the
essence of "American" dancing.
Ha.
I get the feeling that by the sixth round of "slide to the left"
there won't be any requests for the YMCA.

No comments:

Post a Comment