Monday, August 2, 2010

Deconstructing Concrete Sequentialism

Yup, this blog title is quite the mouthful.
But I just wanted to share that today, I was fed way too much food.
And as I was eating,
it dawned on me that India is playing a very instrumental role in deconstructing my concrete sequential eating habits (Dad I know you're laughing right now).
Normally I'm the girl who eats one food at a time,
taking careful care to ensure that not one food is touching another.
I even turn my plate so that the food I am eating is directly in front of me.
Not anymore!
Now I slop it all on - a little rice, a little curry, a little chicken, a little i-have-no-idea-what-this-is-but-it-is-really-brightly-colored-and-chunky-so-it-must-be-good-for-me.
Then I use my fingers to mix it all together
and shovel it right into my mouth.
A part of me wonders if this new strategy will come back to the States with me.
But then I think about intermixing my sweet potato with bites of avocado,
and I'm not gonna lie, it still makes me a little bit anxious :)

No comments:

Post a Comment