Monday, August 30, 2010

Discombobulated Day

Well, my worst fears came true. My life has completely changed. And I don’t really know how to deal with it. The girls are all asking me where I am, why I am not eating with them, which (a) makes me so sad because I absolutely cherished that time with them and (b) makes me feel really special because they love me J I am running around like a crazy person trying to get myself and everybody else balanced and settled, and it is making me pretty discombobulated. I know that things will settle down, though, and I also look forward to those weeks that the kids will be traveling and I can go back to my rice 3x/day with the girlies. I also have to find the balance between administrator and friend, and my high context/low context pendulum is swinging back and forth more quickly than a metronome keeping superfast time. Things will settle, things will settle…but for now, I just have to deal with the discombobulation!

BUT the exciting thing is that Kengemma has started asking me to read with her. A few weeks ago I realized that she can’t really even identify all of the letters in the alphabet, and definitely can’t identify the sounds that they make in order to form words. I have asked her in the past if she wants to read with me, and she has shook her head violently and said, “grrr no auntie no!” But today she came up to me and asked to read! It made me so so happy and I hope it continues!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment