Thursday, August 12, 2010

25% Complete

Today marks the day where I celebrate being one-quarter of the way done with my 6 months in India.

Am I counting down?

No.

How do I know?

Welll….I brought four toothbrushes to India. And at the beginning of Week Two, I started getting anxious that I would forget to switch out a toothbrush and end up using the same one for 6 months (gross) or that I would be too hard on one and throw it away early, therefore using up my ration and maybe running out of toothbrushes (or at least functional toothbrushes) before I came home.

So I, being the concrete sequential person that I am,

Pulled up my calendar and counted the days, divided by four, and then counted the days until I knew which days would mark my “New Toothbrush Days”. I wrote the dates on a post-it, and that post-it is now stuck to my desk so that I don’t forget (It’s right next to my “Malaria Mondays” reminder post-it).

Dad, I know you’re laughing right now…but I also know that you would have probably done the same thing J

1 comment:

  1. New Toothbrush Day? Only you, only you! Congrats on your 25% day!

    ReplyDelete