Monday, August 23, 2010

It Was Bound to Happen Sometime

Well, today it happened:

I officially became overcommitted.

Just a few days ago, I was footloose and fancy free

And loving the sense of balance that I had in my life,

Shaming myself for the busy lifestyle that I keep back in the states.

Then, without even realizing it, I became committed to twelve if not more hours of work a day, plus Friday and Saturday afternoon/evenings administering fun, plus a weekend sewing class.

A class that a coworker told me she has been wanting to start for a long time, and I told her that it was a great idea and I would love to help.

Now suddenly I am the teacher and main source of creativity.

Not to mention being “resident assistant” for the American students that are coming next week

As well as their “weekend fun” coordinator.

Oh. And I think I am supposed to be finishing my Master’s degree, too…

Yup, before this week is out

I am going to need to regain some balance in my life.

Confrontation and re-establishment of boundaries (two of my very favorite things) here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment