Thursday, August 19, 2010

Day 2 of Discipline

Just wanted to report that this is the second day

That I have risen before 6am for a morning of discipline.

I almost didn’t do it,

I almost continued to sleep,

But then I thought,

Really, Jen?

You have been in bed since 10PM last night.

You got 7 hours of sleep.

You have been saying since you got here that this is a great place for you to find balance and practice self-discipline.

If you can’t do it here, where there are absolutely zero outside demands on your time,

How will you do it when you return to America?

So I told myself the little lie that I would dissapoint the girls if I didn’t show up to morning yoga (which is really just 15 minutes of calisthenics),

I pulled myself out of bed.

It is now 7:18

And I am bursting with pride

At the fact that I did it.

I try to bring myself back down

By reminding myself that it is only Day 2,

But to no avail. Therefore, I let myself be proud.

If I am proud of Day 2,

I will be even more proud of Day 3

And exceptionally proud by Day 21, which is the 3-week mark.

It takes 3 weeks to form a habit, I’ve heard.

2 days down, 19 to go!

P.S. today I found the saddest youtube video for helping kids learn English...if you would like to watch it, go to http://www.youtube.com/user/KidsOnlineEnglish. It's so painful, it's amusing. For about 30 seconds.

No comments:

Post a Comment