Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Getting Settled

Today I FINALLY finalized on a cute little apartment!!!!
I found one I mostly liked last weekend, near an area I was familiar with, for the right price.
But when I visited again, I started having my doubts. It was kind of cramped, not a lot of light or ventilation, and I would had had to buy a lot of extra things - aka a refrigerator and a stove, which is kind of pricy.
Today, in the afternoon of when I had to say yay or nay, though, my friend burst into the office and said, "Jen! I found you a house!"
She had been eavesdropping on a conversation while shopping, which led her to a broker (who actually knows her father) which led us to this house.

It is in an area I am not that familiar with, but it is a bit closer to work (and still in a residential neighborhood so I am away from the hustle and bustle and honking...and there is lots of foliage!), has 24-hour security and covered parking for when I get my bike, and already has a stove and refrigerator.
The furniture is kind of reminiscent of Bethel's "chastity couches" but I'm excited to see what kind of magic I can work to make it a nice and cozy warm and welcoming space.
More pics to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment