Sunday, October 10, 2010

Sports Films Rock.

Have I mentioned that I love Indian cinema? Today the film was Chak de India, a film about the story of the women’s field hockey team. This film blended my adoration of Bollywood with my absolute love of inspirational sports movies…which means it was a winner. Sid was visiting his grandpa in the hospital, so I screened the movie for the kids…and the power only went out 9 times J Like most Bollywood movies, you could see the inspiration from American films like Miracle, but the way in which this film captures the culture and politics of India is really incredible. You can see the important and convincing role that Indian media plays in society, identity discrimination, gender roles, and even subtle things like the fanatical love that exists towards cricket players. Next time you’re looking for an international film, I suggest you pick it up. Even better, give me a call and I will bring it over J

No comments:

Post a Comment