Tuesday, October 19, 2010

I Can Stay!!!

It’s funny how love endures, even when faced with trials and tribulation. Work sucked today; not anything out of the ordinary when one works within the context of Indian inefficiency and lack of communication (both according to western standards), but if after a day like today I still well up with emotion when thinking about leaving, you know it’s true love.

For the past few weeks, ever since I first professed my love for India and how I never want to leave, Sid and I have been plotting and planning to try to figure out how I can stay. Our ideas have ranged from rational: “Let’s get this THAMBO program going and then you can stay to do the planning for the summer program”, to radical: “What if….we say you are pregnant. And you don’t know who the father is. So you can’t go home…and you just have to eat Cornerhouse every day so you gain the weight necessary to look pregnant?”

Tonight, though, I knew I had to say something to Roshen. I was leaving tomorrow for Delhi, and I wanted to make sure that in the next couple weeks he would keep in mind that I am willing and able to stay as long as they have a need for me. So as I slaved away finishing the 4 new proposals, and Roshen came to say goodnight, I told him that I was willing and able. And he smiled and said, “Yes, I think it would be a good idea if you stayed at least to the end of January for the Iowa program. Yes, that would be very good.” I was ecstatic. Absolutely ecstatic. EEEEEEEEEEEE!

No comments:

Post a Comment