Monday, October 11, 2010

Prowling

Last night two of my students met body builders at Hard Rock Café. They do this thing they call “prowling”, which is when they roll around town trying to meet Indian men. They’re smart girls, so Sid and I have determined that it is harmless and a fun way for them to be able to meet Indians in public spaces…so we play along. It’s fun to have a little bit of innocent girl talk and have drama that doesn’t include relationships among our students. But the very best – well actually, there are two very bests. The first is that they are body builders. And yes, I saw the pictures. The second was the conversation this morning, when, after regaling me with their prowling success story, Ibbs turned to Roshen and said, “So what did you do last night Roshen?” and he replied, “I was worrying about you.”

No comments:

Post a Comment