Tuesday, November 23, 2010

I Think I'm in Love

His name is Nazar, he’s about 35 years old, and he is married with one spunky daughter.

But seriously.

Nazar has a deep passion for children, and it is so evident whenever you talk to him. Not only does he love children, though, he is passionate about empowering them. For some reason, I hadn’t talked to him a lot about his work or how he got where he is, but I have been spending more time with him recently (we even chatted on the phone on Thursday night) and wish that I had placed myself by his side from the beginning.

His eyes light up when he talks about his work with the children in the villages, and the way the girls love and respect him is unbelieveable. He’s an educator, yes, but he isn’t a teacher who stands in front of the room. He places the power in the hands of the children, and to see the impact that that has is astounding. I think that I could stay on another six months just to observe Nazar. I would learn sooo much. And I hope that, one day, I can be as empowering, passionate, patient and gentle an educator as Nazar.

No comments:

Post a Comment