Sunday, August 28, 2011

Transitioning


One the way to Chicago, I did nothing but sip my grande nonfat chai latte and laugh.  Seriously.  Not too loudly, though, because I didn’t want the Laotian man next to me to think I was crazy.  Laugh because - hold on - I’m going back to India?  God is so funny.  I wonder what He was thinking back in December when I left Bangalore absolutely devastated.  He knew.  He knew that I had to leave to know how deeply I had loved, that I had to return home to identify what I had become, to remember His grace, to fully understand the meaning of home, and to not want to leave...again.  I was quite a piece of work for those 8 months, but I wouldn’t have given them up for anything.  I laughed because of the incredible sense of peace that I have, and as I meandered through Chicago O’Hare I heard a voice say, “He shall keep in perfect peace him whose heart is steadfast, because he trusts completely in Him”.  This is me, and I never want to leave this place.  And by place I don’t necessarily mean my geographic location; rather, this place of peace, of steadfastness, of trust.

No comments:

Post a Comment