Friday, February 1, 2013

February Hope


It is February.  Yesterday I woke up with such a feeling of peace, of anticipation.  It’s February.  The first day of a new month.  The beginning of a new day.  Anything can happen.  And we get to begin anew.

I don’t know exactly what it is about new beginnings that make me so happy.  Actually, I do.  It’s hope.  A new beginning offers hope.  Hope of learning from mistakes, of doing better next time.  Hope of a life that is different – better, more fulfilling – and hope of the wonders that that life may bring.  Opportunities.  Friendships.  Love.   Adventures.  Miracles.

Smiling.

Hope.  Hope is full of grace. Of freedom. Of redemption.  Of promises.

Throughout January, I was continuously bombarded with the typical “Oh my gosh I can’t believe it’s January2013!” that tends to overwhelm more than one wandering soul when the new year hits.  And, looking at things logically, I would have anticipated that when February hit I would grieve the month – a whole month! – that has already gone by, never to return again.

But surprisingly I don’t.  February is a new month.  It is a new beginning.  It is full of hope.  And hope is like a firm and steady anchor for our souls.

No comments:

Post a Comment