Friday, September 7, 2012

The Explorer Store

This is my favorite store in all of Bangalore, rivaled ONLY by the Mysore Saree Udyog.  I mean, let's be honest, it's hard to say that the store you walk into and cry because it's so BEAUTIFUL isn't in the running for your favorite store [Ahem - those of you who love textiles will understand].

BUT.  This isn't Mysore Saree.  This is The Explorer Store.  At least, that's what I call it...I'm not sure that it has a name.  It is the store that sells trinkets and artifacts collected from all of India over years and years and years.  We once found an antique Tibetan Prayer reel with a stale and discolored, ages-old prayer rolled up inside. One afternoon, I sat with the owner while he told me the history of India through coins.  #Winning

I get excited just looking at it.  It is a single-aisle store with every inch of wall and ceiling space used to the fullest.  And it is absolutely amazing.


No comments:

Post a Comment