Thursday, January 19, 2012

New Day, New Start


Ever since the first of January, I have been reveling in the meaning of a new year.  A new year – a new start.  I have also rejoiced in recognizing that we don’t have to wait 365 for another fresh beginning.  Instead, “New day, new start” has more or less become my motto.  The first 19 days of this year haven’t been easy by any means, and believe me – I am more than thankful that every day is a new day.

Even though I was fully awake when my alarm went off this morning, the fact that it was still dark outside tempted me to stay in bed just a little bit longer.  Something about waking up before daylight reminds me of standing outside waiting for my high school bus in a Minnesota winter, and believe me, that is not a pleasant memory.  But it was time to go to the gym.

I walked through my neighborhood, congratulating myself for getting my booty out of bed and feeling uncharacteristically fresh.  I turned the corner.  There in front of me was a glorious sunrise.  Brilliant, I tell you.  Orange, pink, neon yellow.

A new day with a beautiful beginning.  I stopped, I smiled.  What a reminder.  Thanks, God.

No comments:

Post a Comment