Sunday, December 5, 2010

Love my Life

Last night [slash this morning because it was like 1am] when the kids got home, the first thing that kyle did was ask if I wanted to go for a walk this morning. Which absolutely blessed my heart. And it was incredible. It was a beautiful Sunday morning, and as we walked to Dodda Gubbi I took in the sights and sounds – children laughing, dogs running, fruit stands opening, and a man on a bicycle behind us singing at the top of his lungs. These are the things that I will miss in India. I will also miss these heart-to-hearts with my students. We talked about my month, his month, the things he learned while traveling, and the questions that it provoked, especially about faith and community. I love my life, I love the position of mentorship that I have with my kids, I love that my job is guiding their learning and listening to their growth. In India. Basically, I love my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment